Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 8.0 installation on Windows XP installation

PostgreSQL 8.0 installation on Windows XP installation

От
"Abdul Shakoor"
Дата:
I'm trying for the first time to install Postgresql-8.0 in Windows.
When I came up to the point where I was asked to make a choice between the
installation as a service or programe. On that point I selected Program.
Installation process was completed I have not made any changes to any of the
files and when I wend to run the psql.exe i am getting the following error
message
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
        Is the server running on host "???" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Is there any ste by step installation guide to install PostgreSQL 8.0 on
windows XP as a program. Any suggestion please help caz i am lost.

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 installation on Windows XP installation

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Apr 6, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Abdul Shakoor wrote:

> I'm trying for the first time to install Postgresql-8.0 in Windows.
> When I came up to the point where I was asked to make a choice between
> the installation as a service or programe. On that point I selected
> Program. Installation process was completed I have not made any
> changes to any of the files and when I wend to run the psql.exe i am
> getting the following error message
> psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061)
>        Is the server running on host "???" and accepting
>        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> Is there any ste by step installation guide to install PostgreSQL 8.0
> on windows XP as a program. Any suggestion please help caz i am lost.

If you don't install as a service, you need to use pg_ctl.exe to start
the server manually:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/postmaster-start.html

I have not installed this way, but maybe there is (or should be) a
script in the Start menu group to do this?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL