Обсуждение: Admin tools with the ability to alter a field type?

Admin tools with the ability to alter a field type?

От
"Joel Fradkin"

I asked this once before and got one response that I did not understand completely.

Is there a tool that allows modification to a field type.

The answer I got last time indicated that in 8.0 there was a command to do it by in a sql statement.

But I did not understand that syntax well enough from the response.

Any one do this in 8 (I am on 8.01) or no of a gui tool?

Also our DSL seems to interrupt every few minutes so PGadmin drops connection.

I called verizon since I believe it is the internet connection, but any other tools that might be a little less sensitive to a momentary connection drop?

Joel Fradkin

Re: Admin tools with the ability to alter a field type?

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Mar 24, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Joel Fradkin wrote:

> I asked this once before and got one response that I did not
> understand completely.
>
> Is there a tool that allows modification to a field type.
>
> The answer I got last time indicated that in 8.0 there was a command
> to do it by in a sql statement.
>
> But I did not understand that syntax well enough from the response.
>
> Any one do this in 8 (I am on 8.01) or no of a gui tool?

phpPgAdmin has an interface for altering column types.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL