Обсуждение: PostgreSQL, INC. Support

PostgreSQL, INC. Support

От
"Chris Hoover"
Дата:
Does anyone on this list use the PostgreSQL, Inc. support services?  I
am doing some preliminary looks into possibly getting "professional"
support for our PostgreSQL databases.  Any comments (on or off the list)
would be appreciated.

Also, are there any other good companies to consider for support?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: PostgreSQL, INC. Support

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: PostgreSQL, INC. Support

От
Ron Mayer
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Chris Hoover wrote:
>>Also, are there any other good companies to consider for support?
>
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php

Any reason Fujitsu (http://fastware.com.au/postgresql_support.html) isn't on that list?

I think it adds quite a bit of credibility when I tell customers
that if they need global support they can get it from a company
bigger than Oracle.

Re: PostgreSQL, INC. Support

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Ron Mayer wrote:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Chris Hoover wrote:
>>> Also, are there any other good companies to consider for support?
>>
>> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php
>
> Any reason Fujitsu (http://fastware.com.au/postgresql_support.html) isn't on
> that list?
>
> I think it adds quite a bit of credibility when I tell customers
> that if they need global support they can get it from a company
> bigger than Oracle.

I don't believe they offer support for PostgreSQL per se, do they?  They
have their own "PostgreSQL based" version that they distribute sell, that
has some large modifications from the standard distribution ... or, at
least, that is how I remember it ...

----

Re: PostgreSQL, INC. Support

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Ron Mayer wrote:
>> Any reason Fujitsu (http://fastware.com.au/postgresql_support.html) isn't on
>> that list?

> I don't believe they offer support for PostgreSQL per se, do they?  They
> have their own "PostgreSQL based" version that they distribute sell, that
> has some large modifications from the standard distribution ... or, at
> least, that is how I remember it ...

Fujitsu definitely sells a heavily-modified version.  I do not know if
they offer support for the community's version.

            regards, tom lane