Обсуждение: index creation in maintenance_work_mem or work_mem

index creation in maintenance_work_mem or work_mem

От
"Lee Wu"

When I read doc, http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList/, I am confused by:

“maintenance_work_mem: formerly called vacuum_mem, this is the quantity of RAM PostgreSQL uses for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CREATE INDEX, and adding foriegn keys.”

Is this right? I thought work_mem (or sort_mem prior 8) is used for CREATE INDEX.

Thanks

Re: index creation in maintenance_work_mem or work_mem

Дата:
"Lee Wu" <Lwu@mxlogic.com> writes:
> "maintenance_work_mem: formerly called vacuum_mem, this is the quantity
> of RAM PostgreSQL uses for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CREATE INDEX, and adding
> foriegn keys."

> Is this right? I thought work_mem (or sort_mem prior 8) is used for
> CREATE INDEX.

Yes it is right ... as of 8.0.  Before that I think we did use sort_mem
as the parameter for CREATE INDEX.

            regards, tom lane