Обсуждение: readline ?

readline ?

От
Gaurav Arora
Дата:
hi all

        please help me... I am trying to instal
PostgreSQL 7.4.6 and when I run the command
./configure, I get the error...

 configure: error: readline library not found

         Please help ... !!!

regards
Gaurav Arora

__________________________________
Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

Re: readline ?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 15:14, Gaurav Arora wrote:
> hi all
>
>         please help me... I am trying to instal
> PostgreSQL 7.4.6 and when I run the command
> ./configure, I get the error...
>
>  configure: error: readline library not found
>
>          Please help ... !!!

assuming you're on an rpm based system, look for the readline-devel rpm
package and install it.  Same a go for a few other packages, like
zlib-devel.

Re: readline ?

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Mar 9, 2005, at 4:24 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> assuming you're on an rpm based system, look for the readline-devel rpm
> package and install it.  Same a go for a few other packages, like
> zlib-devel.

And if not and you don't need readline just use

./configure --without-readline

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL