Обсуждение: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86 64
bit rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?

Anyone point me to the latest srpms for 7.4.?

Thanks.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86 64
>> bit rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?
>

> Yep there is(was), but we are not sure when we will build it...
>
> BTW, next week or so I'll have rhel3(or 4, haven't decided yet) on an
> Intel EM64T, so that we can build x86_64 RPMs faster.
>
>> Anyone point me to the latest srpms for 7.4.?
>

> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v7.4.7/srpms/redhat/rhel-es-3.0/

Can I build 64 bit from these, or do I need specific 64 bit srpms?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,

>>> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v7.4.7/srpms/redhat/rhel-es-3.0/
>>

>> Can I build 64 bit from these, or do I need specific 64 bit srpms?
>

> AFAIK, you can rebuild them using this package. BTW, we have a mailing
> list for RPM issues:
>
> pgsqlrpms-general@pgfoundry.org
>
> See
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/mail/?group_id=1000048
>
> for details.

Thanks.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
"Sander Steffann"
Дата:
Hi,

> I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86 64 bit
> rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?

I should have built them. Sorry it took so long. Everything was delayed
because of some problems at work adn at home. I will try to catch up with
the RPM building tomorrow!

Sorry for all this..
Sander.

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
"Sander Steffann"
Дата:
Hi again,

>> I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86 64 bit
>> rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?
>
> I should have built them. Sorry it took so long. Everything was delayed
> because of some problems at work adn at home. I will try to catch up with
> the RPM building tomorrow!

I couldn't sleep anyway, and I felt very guilty about letting everyone
down... I had to make some patches to python.m4 and the specfile to make
everything compile, and the resulting (S)RPMs are at
http://opensource.nederland.net/PostgreSQL/.

Devrim: can you put them on the official FTP site?

Again my apologies for letting everyone wait so long....
Sander.

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86 64
>> bit rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?
>

> I should have built them. Sorry it took so long. Everything was delayed
> because of some problems at work adn at home. I will try to catch up
> with the RPM building tomorrow!

Not a problem.  Absolutely no need for an apology.  Thanks so much for
all the effort.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>>> I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86 64
>>> bit rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?
>>

>> I should have built them. Sorry it took so long. Everything was
>> delayed because of some problems at work adn at home. I will try to
>> catch up with the RPM building tomorrow!
>

> I couldn't sleep anyway, and I felt very guilty about letting everyone
> down... I had to make some patches to python.m4 and the specfile to make
> everything compile, and the resulting (S)RPMs are at
> http://opensource.nederland.net/PostgreSQL/.
>
> Devrim: can you put them on the official FTP site?
>
> Again my apologies for letting everyone wait so long....
> Sander.

Thanks again, I am humbled by your efforts...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Pallav Kalva
Дата:
I still cant see RedHat 9 Source RPMS for the Postgres 8.0.1 in FTP
mirror sites , any ideas when it will up on FTP mirror site ?

Sander Steffann wrote:

> Hi again,
>
>>> I've checked the mirrors and although there is a directory for x86
>>> 64 bit rpms, it's empty.  Are there plans to build these any time soon?
>>

>> I should have built them. Sorry it took so long. Everything was
>> delayed because of some problems at work adn at home. I will try to
>> catch up with the RPM building tomorrow!
>

> I couldn't sleep anyway, and I felt very guilty about letting everyone
> down... I had to make some patches to python.m4 and the specfile to
> make everything compile, and the resulting (S)RPMs are at
> http://opensource.nederland.net/PostgreSQL/.
>
> Devrim: can you put them on the official FTP site?
>
> Again my apologies for letting everyone wait so long....
> Sander.

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: 64 bit rpms for 7.4.7??

От
"Sander Steffann"
Дата:
Hi,

> I still cant see RedHat 9 Source RPMS for the Postgres 8.0.1 in FTP
> mirror sites , any ideas when it will up on FTP mirror site ?

I don't have a x86_64 RedHat 9 machine, so I can't help you with that...
Sander.