Обсуждение: Emergency: ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation TABLE_NAME: Input/output error

Emergency: ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation TABLE_NAME: Input/output error

От
Christopher Smith
Emergency: I have a 200+ million row zip code radius table that has recently gone haywire.

I cannot access it and get the following error code

ERROR:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation TABLE_NAME: Input/output error

My environment.

Postgresql 7.3.2
OS: Redhat Linux 7.2

Any ideas to fix this...

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Emergency: ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation TABLE_NAME: Input/output error

Дата:
Christopher Smith <christopherl_smith@yahoo.com> writes:
> ERROR:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation TABLE_NAME: Input/output error

This is a hardware failure: your disk drive has dropped some sectors.
I don't think you can do anything about it except go back to your last
backup :-(

Oh, and buy a new disk ASAP, before you lose any more data ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Emergency: ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation TABLE_NAME: Input/output error

От
Christopher Smith
Дата:
Tom,

you are exactly CORRECT.  One scsi down... crap!

Thanks for the support and quick response!