Обсуждение: CREATE USER ...

CREATE USER ...

От
CRI74 - Fabien Combernous
Дата:
Hello,

I'm trying to create new user. What is wrong in this ?

template1=# CREATE USER sympa WITH UNENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'kiki'
NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;
CREATE USER
template1=# \c - sympa
Password:
FATAL 1:  Password authentication failed for user "sympa"

Previous connection kept
template1=#

In log file i see : "verify_password: user 'sympa' not found in password
file."

Then to verify that user is created i tried this :
CREATE USER sympa WITH UNENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'kiki' NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;
ERROR:  CREATE USER: user name "sympa" already exists
template1=#

--
IT ressources center of Haute Savoie
Saleve Building, International Business parc of Archamps, France

Re: CREATE USER ...

Дата:
CRI74 - Fabien Combernous <fc-tech@cri74.fr> writes:
> template1=# CREATE USER sympa WITH UNENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'kiki'
> NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;
> CREATE USER
> template1=# \c - sympa
> Password:
> FATAL 1:  Password authentication failed for user "sympa"

Perhaps you did this inside a BEGIN block, and forgot to COMMIT?

            regards, tom lane