Обсуждение: DRBD with Postgres: Good or Bad?

DRBD with Postgres: Good or Bad?

От
darren@zonarsystems.com
Дата:
Hi,

I'm considering using the DRBD network block device for a Postgres high
avilability solution. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of
setup?
Is it feasible? Are there any downsides or things to beware of?
The goal is formost to guard against data loss, and prevent system
downtime as a secondary priority.

Any information is appreciated.
Darren

Re: DRBD with Postgres: Good or Bad?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2004 03:55 schrieb darren@zonarsystems.com:
> I'm considering using the DRBD network block device for a Postgres high
> avilability solution. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of
> setup?

Yes, many people use this kind of setup.  It works fine.

--
Peter Eisentraut