Обсуждение: Postgres pg_attribute error

Postgres pg_attribute error

От
"John Gierchak"
Дата:
Hello all,

I have googled my head off and can not find something that relates to
this.
Here is the error: " ERROR:  cannot read block 13 of pg_attribute:
Success "
I can not dump the database, reindex or even select from the tables.   I
also get "relation 1249 is nailed" sometimes.  Any ideas on what I
should do?

This is postges 7.2 running on redhat 7.3.

Thanks for the help ahead of time

John Gierchak III
Software Engineer

RLW INC.

Re: Postgres pg_attribute error

Дата:
"John Gierchak" <JGierchak@rlwinc.com> writes:
> Here is the error: " ERROR:  cannot read block 13 of pg_attribute:
> Success "
> I can not dump the database, reindex or even select from the tables.   I
> also get "relation 1249 is nailed" sometimes.  Any ideas on what I
> should do?

Restore from backup ... looks like your filesystem lost part of the
system catalogs.

            regards, tom lane