Обсуждение: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
Sanjay Arora
Дата:
Hi All

I am looking for a Graphic Database Design Tool, somewhat like MS Access
that can allow me to define tables, fields and relationships. Also
things like triggers etc, if possible. Something that can interface with
Dia or other similar open source diagramming/ ER tools, though I dont
know of any other.

The tools should preferably able to genearte ddl for postgreSQL. I run
pgSQL 7.4 on RH9.

With regards.
Sanjay.

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
Roberto Assis
Дата:
Take a look a this one here, I've finded it this week
and I've haven't had the time to experiment it, but I
will do.

http://www.azzurri.jp/en/software/clay/index.

Roberto

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
Marius Andreiana
Дата:
On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 17:38 +0530, Sanjay Arora wrote:
> I am looking for a Graphic Database Design Tool, somewhat like MS Access
> that can allow me to define tables, fields and relationships. Also
> things like triggers etc, if possible. Something that can interface with
> Dia or other similar open source diagramming/ ER tools, though I dont
> know of any other.
What about tedia2sql?
http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/

--
Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
"Kevin Izzet"

Not sure if this will fit the bill

http://www.thekompany.com/products/rekall/

Regards

Kevin Izzet

Database / Unix  Administrator
Tel:     (Code)+44(0)1475 655606
Fax:    (Code)+44(0)1475 637755
Email:  Kevin.Izzet@nsc.com

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended or authorised recipient please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
Roberto Rezende de Assis
Дата:
Look the plugin for the Eclipse software is really nice, I installed it
today and I'm playing a little with it. It's cool

Bob

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
"Keith Bottner"
Дата:
Check out http://ems-hitech.com/pgmanager/ I use it every day.

Keith

I am looking for a Graphic Database Design Tool, somewhat like MS Access
that can allow me to define tables, fields and relationships. Also things
like triggers etc, if possible. Something that can interface with Dia or
other similar open source diagramming/ ER tools, though I dont know of any
other.

The tools should preferably able to genearte ddl for postgreSQL. I run pgSQL
7.4 on RH9.

With regards.
Sanjay.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
Gémes Géza
Дата:
Keith Bottner írta:

>Check out http://ems-hitech.com/pgmanager/ I use it every day.
>
>Keith

Have you tried knoda? this is a kde based database frontend.
http://www.knoda.org/

Good Luck!

Geza Gemes

Re: Looking for tool for Graphic Database Design

От
Mike Ezekiel
Дата:
http://www.aquadatastudio.com/

ADS is quite nice...been using it for a few months now....support for
oracle / db2 / sybase / mssql / postgresql / mysql ...it's written in
java with support for windows / linux / osx / solaris

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 15:38, Keith Bottner wrote:
> Check out http://ems-hitech.com/pgmanager/ I use it every day.
>
> Keith

"Thomas Wegner"
Дата:
I use EMS PostgreSQL Manager. They has a graphical
Design Tool and many more.
Thomas Wegner
Cabrio Meter - The Weather Plugin for Trillian
http://trillian.wegner24.de/cabriometer