Обсуждение: Backup / Restore

Backup / Restore

От
"Eduardo S. Fontanetti"
Дата:
What is the most recommended way to backup a
PostgreSQL database?

And to restore it?

I would like to get ALL the data and properties
possible, because if I have a problem, and I lost my
current database, I can just restore it, and will be
all exactly like was before.

What is the best way? pg_dump? If yes, what options I
need to use?

Thanks a lot!!

Eduardo S. Fontanetti

Yahoo! Mail - agora com 100MB de espaço, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Backup / Restore

От
"V i s h a l Kashyap @ [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]"
Дата:
Dear Eduardo ,

>What is the most recommended way to backup a
>PostgreSQL database?

pg_dump --disable-triggers -U <user_name> -a -d -b -D -Fc -Z 9 -f
<filername.tar.gz> <dbname>
+
A file system backup could be done but for this you will have to
shutdown PostgreSQL server
before filesystem backup is done

>And to restore it?

pg_restore --disable-triggers -U <user_name> -d <dbname>
<backupfilename.tar.gz>
IN case of Filesystem backup just stop PostgreSQL and replace the Dumped
or Tared file of the
filesystem

Links
http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/index.lxp?lxpwrap=x17860%2ehtm
And ofcource the PostgreSQL documentation itself

--
Best Regards,
Vishal Kashyap