Обсуждение: Creating DB at alternate location

Creating DB at alternate location

От
"Peter Schmid"
Дата:
Hello all,

Trying to create a DB at an alternate location fails. I am not succeding with relativ or absolute
path and even not with environment variables. Also changing from a normal user to root
dosn't change result. What do I wrong.
Can anybody give me a complete command-sequence.
System is Suse-Linux 8.0

                                                           Peter Schmid
... and the winner is... WEB.DE FreeMail! - Deutschlands beste E-Mail
ist zum 39. Mal Testsieger (PC Praxis 03/04) http://f.web.de/?mc=021191

Re: Creating DB at alternate location

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Peter Schmid wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Trying to create a DB at an alternate location fails. I am not
> succeding with relativ or absolute path and even not with environment
> variables. Also changing from a normal user to root dosn't change
> result. What do I wrong.
> Can anybody give me a complete command-sequence.

An example can be found here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/app-initlocation.html

If that doesn't work for you, then you should give us specific
information about what you did and what reactions you got.  "Fails" is
not enough.