Обсуждение: SSL client configuration ...

SSL client configuration ...

От
GP
Дата:
Hi all,

In order to setup a SSL connection to the DataBase I did the following:

- compiled --with-openssl
- ssl=true in postgresql.conf
- hostssl  all  dbuser      212.205.129.107     255.255.255.0  md5 in pg_hba.conf
- generated server.crt and server.key as recommended in Administrator's Guide

Then when I tried to connect (via jdbc driver) I get the following error from the postmaster:
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::ffff:212.205.129.107", user "dbuser", database "template1", SSL off

It seems that the client appliaction tries to connect without SSL ???

PS: Also at start up I have some warnings from postmaster :
LOG:  could not load root certificate file "/home/pagomen/PostGress/data/root.crt": No such file or directory
DETAIL:  Will not verify client certificates.
LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
..
LOG:  database system is ready

Any ideas ?
George

Re: SSL client configuration ...

От
Peter Eisentraut
GP wrote:
> Then when I tried to connect (via jdbc driver) I get the following
> error from the postmaster:
> FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::ffff:212.205.129.107", user
> "dbuser", database "template1", SSL off

Make sure you have the latest JDBC driver, the 1.4 JDK, and you use the
correct jar.

Re: SSL client configuration ...

Дата:
GP <pagomen@csd.uoc.gr> writes:
> Then when I tried to connect (via jdbc driver) I get the following error
> from the postmaster:
> FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::ffff:212.205.129.107", user
> "dbuser", database "template1", SSL off

> It seems that the client appliaction tries to connect without SSL ???

I dunno if there is SSL support in the JDBC driver.  In any case,
you're more likely to get useful help if you ask in pgsql-jdbc ...

            regards, tom lane

Ask database

От
"aris"
Дата:
Dear master

Now I'm using PostgreSQL server but my company has plan to
change PostgreSQL to another database "hand made" by
software hous systems. Can you explain to me what kind of
factors to class list database engine. I mean how can I
compare for each database engine. Because I want to
explain that for someone who don't know database at all.
For example : from compatibility side or the other side

TIA
Netkuis Instan untuk wilayah Bandung (kode area 022) - SD,SMP,SMA berhadiah total puluhan juta rupiah... periode I
dimulai1 April 2004

Re: SSL client configuration ...

От
Mitch Pirtle
Дата:
Hmm...

> - hostssl  all  dbuser      212.205.129.107     255.255.255.0  md5 in
> pg_hba.conf

Shouldn't that be a 255.255.255.255 netmask?

> - generated server.crt and server.key as recommended in
> Administrator's Guide

Not in the correct directory though.  You need to put them both in:

    /home/pagomen/PostGress/data

The netmask is being interpreted incorrectly as IPv6 (hence the non-IP
host message):

FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::ffff:212.205.129.107", user
"dbuser", database "template1", SSL off

Get your server.crt and server.key in the right directory, and fix the
netmask in pg_hba.conf, and it just might work...

-- Mitch