Обсуждение: Best Platform for postgres.

Best Platform for postgres.

От
Hemapriya
Дата:
Hi,

Does anyone know postgres performance in Linux vs Mac
Os.. Pls suggest the best platform to go for..

Thanks in Advance.

Priya

Re: Best Platform for postgres.

От
Radu-Adrian Popescu
Дата:

Re: Best Platform for postgres.

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Hemapriya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know postgres performance in Linux vs Mac
> Os.. Pls suggest the best platform to go for..

Generally, linux on X86, dollar for dollar, offers better performance than
the Mac.  Even a relatively cheap single CPU ~2GHz machine with 1 gig ram
will run quite fast.