Обсуждение: Re: popstgresql query

Re: popstgresql query

От
"Arun Gananathan"
Дата:
Hi,
Could anyone please let me know how to perform the following in postgresql
I have two tables called P , Q  with the same attributes and data tpyes. I want to insert a record ( for example called A) into table P, when deleting the same record( for example  called A which is already in the other table)  from the other table Q.
Thank you

arun

Re: popstgresql query

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Arun Gananathan wrote:

> Hi,
> Could anyone please let me know how to perform the following in
> postgresql
> I have two tables called P , Q  with the same attributes and data
> tpyes. I want to insert a record ( for example called A) into table P,
> when deleting the same record( for example  called A which is already in
> the other table)  from the other table Q.

Pretty straight ahead.  You can either use a fancy trigger setup, or just
do it in a transaction to ensure integrity:

begin;
insert into P (select * from Q where recid='A';
delete from Q where recid='A';
commit;

If the insert fails, the delete won't happen either.

That close to what you want?