Обсуждение: Out of buffer error

Out of buffer error

От
"Christian Brosig"
Дата:
Hi all,

during a sql statement (running in pgadmin III) I got an error message:

  Out of buffer error - Time to abort

Which buffers are meant?
How could I increase the amount of these buffers?

I hope someone could help me ...

Regards,

Christian

Re: Out of buffer error

Дата:
"Christian Brosig" <Brosig@dataconsult.de> writes:
> during a sql statement (running in pgadmin III) I got an error message:
>   Out of buffer error - Time to abort

If this is 7.3.something, update to 7.3.4.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Out of buffer error

От
Gaetano Mendola
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Christian Brosig" <Brosig@dataconsult.de> writes:
>
>>during a sql statement (running in pgadmin III) I got an error message:
>>  Out of buffer error - Time to abort
>

> If this is 7.3.something, update to 7.3.4.

I suspect that is an pgadmin III related problem,
not a postgres problem.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: Out of buffer error

Дата:
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Christian Brosig" <Brosig@dataconsult.de> writes:
>>> Out of buffer error - Time to abort
>>
>> If this is 7.3.something, update to 7.3.4.

> I suspect that is an pgadmin III related problem,
> not a postgres problem.

No, it's definitely a backend failure.  I think this CVS entry is
probably relevant:

    * src/backend/access/index/indexam.c (REL7_3_STABLE): Band-aid
    patch for Shraibman's 'out of free buffers' bug: disable the
    keys_are_unique optimization introduced in 7.3.  A better fix will
    appear in 7.4, but I think back-patching it is too risky for the
    stable branch.

but if Christian is running something other than 7.3-7.3.2 then we need
another theory.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Out of buffer error

От
"Christian Brosig"
Дата:
I am running 7.3.2.
I will update to 7.3.4 as soon as possible.
If the problem is still there after the update, I will post once more
the issue.
Thank you for your help

Best Regards

Christian Brosig