Обсуждение: Starting postgresql service FAILED

Starting postgresql service FAILED

От
Ed Muldowney
Дата:
Had to hard reboot server due to server lockup.  After postgresql failed to start. Trying to manually restart postgresql but keep getting FAILED messages.  Nothing in any of the logs to indicate what the error is.  Any ideas on what next steps I  should take?

Thanks
Ed Muldowney

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Starting postgresql service FAILED

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
Ed Muldowney wrote:

> Had to hard reboot server due to server lockup.  After postgresql failed
> to start. Trying to manually restart postgresql but keep getting FAILED
> messages.  Nothing in any of the logs to indicate what the error is.
> Any ideas on what next steps I  should take?

I guess that the the line where you start postgres redirect all
error on /dev/null ( inside /etc/init.d/postgresql is like this ),
so put in place of /dev/null a file and wathc on it .

Regards
Gaetano Mendola