Обсуждение: enabling multibyte ...

enabling multibyte ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
okay, this falls under the "stupid question, but want to make sure that
I'm right before doing it" category ...

When we installed v7.2.4 on our server, multibyte wasn't compiled in ...
does enabling multibyte require a dump/reload if only new databases are
going to require it, and not existing ones?

I don't believe so, but the last thing I want is to be wrong and hose a
bunch of existing databases by doing this :)

Re: enabling multibyte ...

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> When we installed v7.2.4 on our server, multibyte wasn't compiled in ...
> does enabling multibyte require a dump/reload if only new databases are
> going to require it, and not existing ones?

No need to dump/reload.  You can even manually change the declared
encoding of existing databases.  It's up to you whether the data stored in
them actually matches the encoding.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net