Обсуждение: upgrade

upgrade

От
Martins Zarins
Дата:
Hekko, All!

I'm planing to upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.3.4.
Will pg_dumpall and pg_restore be sufficient for propper data migration?

Mark

Re: upgrade

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
probably, though do it on a test machine first as sometimes little
issues can crop up.

Robert Treat

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 08:06, Martins Zarins wrote:
> Hekko, All!
>
> I'm planing to upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.3.4.
> Will pg_dumpall and pg_restore be sufficient for propper data migration?
>
> Mark

Re: upgrade

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Martins Zarins writes:

> I'm planing to upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.3.4.
> Will pg_dumpall and pg_restore be sufficient for propper data migration?

If you use pg_dumpall, then you need to restore using psql; pg_restore
won't do you any good.

Also: save your configuration files, read the release notes, test your
applications.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net