Обсуждение: Version number question

Version number question

От
"Villalba, Juan Jose - (Col)"
Дата:
   Hi all. I have just installed PostgreSQL 7.0 using Cygwin under Windows
2000 Professional + SP2. It seems to work fine, but when I start the
database (by running postgres.exe) it reports an error:

DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Tue Sep  2 08:12:36 2003
DEBUG:  Data Base System was interrupted being in production at Wed May 24
09:27:52 2000
DEBUG:  Data Base System is in production state at Tue Sep  2 08:12:36 2003
FATAL 1:  Version number in file 'd:\databases\postgresql70/PG_VERSION'
should be 7.0
, not 7.0
.
FATAL 1:  Version number in file 'd:\databases\postgresql70/PG_VERSION'
should be 7.0
, not 7.0
.

   Does anyone know why this happens and/or how can I solve it? thanks a
lot.

Re: Version number question

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Villalba, Juan Jose - (Col) writes:

>    Hi all. I have just installed PostgreSQL 7.0

Version 7.0 is ancient.  The current version is 7.3.4.  In fact, that's
the version included in the Cygwin distribution itself.  Use the online
setup tool to install it.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net