Обсуждение: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.

Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.

От
"Arumugam"
Дата:
hi,

Sir, i follow your procedure of Postgres installation (version 7.1.3) on linux 2.4.7-10.

I want to know how to enable syslog and mention the log information will store in /var/postgreslog directory path..

Then, give me the complete information & steps for installtion of postgres 7.1.3 and enable logs.

I need this logs will contains the all errors will stores. This logs just like a alertlog in oracle.

Kindly, give me this details as soonly,

Regards,
arumugam.

Re: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.

От
Дата:
> hi,
>
> Sir, i follow your procedure of Postgres installation (version 7.1.3)
> on linux 2.4.7-10.
>
> I want to know how to enable syslog and mention the log information
> will store in /var/postgreslog directory path..

not sure abt 7.1.3 , but  in 7.3.3 u can do the following.

In postgresql.conf file

#
#       Syslog
#
syslog = 2                     # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

in /etc/syslog.conf file
local0.*   /var/postgreslog

note that this will put *all* the messages from all applications
using local0 facility to /var/postgreslog

regds
mallah.

> Then, give me the complete information & steps for installtion of
> postgres 7.1.3 and enable logs.
>
> I need this logs will contains the all errors will stores. This logs
> just like a alertlog in oracle.
>
> Kindly, give me this details as soonly,
>
> Regards,
> arumugam.

   "India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.!"
http://www.trade-india.com/

Re: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
<mallah@trade-india.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Sir, i follow your procedure of Postgres installation (version 7.1.3)
> > on linux 2.4.7-10.
> >
> > I want to know how to enable syslog and mention the log information
> > will store in /var/postgreslog directory path..
>
> not sure abt 7.1.3 , but  in 7.3.3 u can do the following.
>
> In postgresql.conf file
>
> #
> #       Syslog
> #
> syslog = 2                     # range 0-2
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> syslog_ident = 'postgres'
>

> in /etc/syslog.conf file
> local0.*   /var/postgreslog

I remember you also that you can turn off the syslog to fsync each
log to the file putting a "-" before the filename:

local0.*   -/var/postgreslog

this should increase the log performances

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.

От
Dani Oderbolz
Дата:
Gaetano Mendola wrote:

><mallah@trade-india.com> wrote:
>

>>>hi,
>>>
>>>Sir, i follow your procedure of Postgres installation (version 7.1.3)
>>>on linux 2.4.7-10.
>>>
>>>I want to know how to enable syslog and mention the log information
>>>will store in /var/postgreslog directory path..
>>>

>>not sure abt 7.1.3 , but  in 7.3.3 u can do the following.
>>
>>In postgresql.conf file
>>
>>#
>>#       Syslog
>>#
>>syslog = 2                     # range 0-2
>>syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
>>syslog_ident = 'postgres'
>>

>>in /etc/syslog.conf file
>>local0.*   /var/postgreslog
>>

>I remember you also that you can turn off the syslog to fsync each
>log to the file putting a "-" before the filename:
>
>local0.*   -/var/postgreslog
>
>this should increase the log performances

But doesnt this mean that you could loose log data in case of a power
failure?