Обсуждение: Database Encryption

Database Encryption

От
"JR Richards"
Дата:
I'm interested in using a passwords table with my Access front end, but
need to encrypt the passwords over the network.  Can anyone help me get
started on this kind of project?

Re: Database Encryption

От
Jonathan Gardner
Дата:

Re: Database Encryption

От
Ragnar Kjørstad
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:18:57AM -0700, JR Richards wrote:
> I'm interested in using a passwords table with my Access front end, but
> need to encrypt the passwords over the network.  Can anyone help me get
> started on this kind of project?

I would think that you could use ssh or stunnel to securely tunnel the
traffic.

Alternatively some kind of VPN would do.

--
Ragnar Kjørstad
Zet.no

Re: Login as different user inside of a function.

От
Stuart
Дата:
Kris Kiger wrote:
> Here's my problem.  I have user X calling a database function.  The
> function inserts data into table Y.  User X only has select access to
> this table.  Is there some way to allow user X to call a function that
> does an insert for him/her without user X having to have write access to
> table Y?  Is it possible to log in as another user inside of a function?
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Kris

If you are using 7.3 or later you can create the function using SECURITY
DEFINER.
hth,
- Stuart