Обсуждение: No acceptable C compiler found

No acceptable C compiler found

От
Marvin
Дата:
When I issue the command ./configure when installing
POSTGRESQL I encounter the error
"configure: error: No acceptable C compiler found in
PATH "
Can someone advice me on what to do with this error.

Thank you!

http://calendar.yahoo.com

Re: No acceptable C compiler found

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
um... we're going to need a little more info to help, like your OS for
starters. Also do you know if you have a copy of gcc or any other
compiler on the system? If so what version?

Robert Treat

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 04:41, Marvin wrote:
> When I issue the command ./configure when installing
> POSTGRESQL I encounter the error
> "configure: error: No acceptable C compiler found in
> PATH "
> Can someone advice me on what to do with this error.

Re: No acceptable C compiler found

От
Jonathan Gardner
Дата:

Re: No acceptable C compiler found

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:41:27AM -0700, Marvin wrote:
> When I issue the command ./configure when installing
> POSTGRESQL I encounter the error
> "configure: error: No acceptable C compiler found in
> PATH "
> Can someone advice me on what to do with this error.

Sounds like you don't have a C compiler in your $PATH.  You need one,
or you can't compile C programs.  Install one, or adjust your $PATH
to include it.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: No acceptable C compiler found

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
> When I issue the command ./configure when installing
> POSTGRESQL I encounter the error
> "configure: error: No acceptable C compiler found in
> PATH "
> Can someone advice me on what to do with this error.

... I had this problem on Solaris...  I can't remember which cc it
found first in my path, but whatever it was, use the other one and
you'll get past this (/usr/ucb, iirc... those were dark days that I
try to forget) ... if you're on slowaris that is.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden