Обсуждение: Did I something wrong?

Did I something wrong?

От
"Mendola Gaetano"
Дата:
Hi all,
I fell myself trasparent, I did some post last week (
I think of common interest ) and no one reply.
May be my english is very poor or I wrote some think
wrong in the past weeks, if is so I apologize myself.

Regards
Gaetano

Re: Did I something wrong?

От
Andrew Biagioni
Дата:
You are not transparent, although you do seem to be somewhat sensitive.
I saw at least one posting from you that was answered by 2 different people.

If you got no answers to your questions, it may be that:
- nobody who knew the answer saw your posting (there are lots of
postings, and not many people with all the answers
- nobody who knew the answer had time to deal with your question
- nobody knew the answer
- the answer is in the standard documentation, so nobody bothered to answer
- the question is not relevant to this newsgroup

If I were you, I would:
- re-submit the question after a week or so
- change the title of the email to be "interesting" (you are trying to
get people's attention);  keep it short and make sure it makes sense
- make sure each question is as simple as possible (it's better to ask 2
simple questions, than 1 complicated question)
- check the standard docs. (installation how-to's, online docs, FAQs, etc)
- make sure you are posting to the right group;  you may get answers
even if you are off track (i.e. asking the wrong group), but it's less
likely

Mendola Gaetano wrote:

>Hi all,
>I fell myself trasparent, I did some post last week (
>I think of common interest ) and no one reply.
>May be my english is very poor or I wrote some think
>wrong in the past weeks, if is so I apologize myself.
>

>Regards
>Gaetano

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Did I something wrong?

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mendola Gaetano wrote:

> Hi all,
> I fell myself trasparent, I did some post last week (
> I think of common interest ) and no one reply.
> May be my english is very poor or I wrote some think
> wrong in the past weeks, if is so I apologize myself.

I don't have an answer for the original question except that this
has been answered in the past by Tom Lane I think so you may be
able to find something in the archives.

As for the other, I think it's just that between the server moving
stuff and the related problems there and 7.3.3 release and work on
7.4, the people most able to answer the question have been really busy
for the last couple of weeks.