Обсуждение: Database server in recovery mode

Database server in recovery mode

От
Rohitashva Sharma
Дата:
Hi,

    I am running postgresql server version 7.0.3 on a RedHat Linux 6.2 box.
The server goes into recovery mode quite a number of times.

    Can anybody please suggest me the reason of this?

Sharma

Вложения

Re: Database server in recovery mode

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Rohitashva Sharma wrote:

>     I am running postgresql server version 7.0.3 on a RedHat Linux 6.2 box.
> The server goes into recovery mode quite a number of times.
>
>     Can anybody please suggest me the reason of this?

Many possibilities, you could be tickling a bug in 7.0 (which is amazingly
old at this point - you should really consider upgrading - although that's
not entirely painless either), you could have corrupted data from outside
sources (harddrive/memory).  What does the log say?