Обсуждение: OOT-Does PostgreSQL has commercial level.

OOT-Does PostgreSQL has commercial level.

От
"Yudha Setiawan"
Дата:
I reads from some hand-book, about PostgreSQL
and i found something make me confusing. It's
about the Commercial-Level. I've been thinking
that PostgreSQL is a Completely-Free. So if
there is a Commercial-Level, Could anybody
gimme some explanation about the commercial
level. Are there any special-things about that..??

Thank's and GOD Bless You All.

Yudha Setiawan.
VoIP
    No.        : 628899911223344

Re: OOT-Does PostgreSQL has commercial level.

Дата:
Uh, there are several commercial support companies around the world, and
a few of them have commercial versions of PostgreSQL, but the main
project is completely free for any use.

Yudha Setiawan wrote:
> I reads from some hand-book, about PostgreSQL
> and i found something make me confusing. It's
> about the Commercial-Level. I've been thinking
> that PostgreSQL is a Completely-Free. So if
> there is a Commercial-Level, Could anybody
> gimme some explanation about the commercial
> level. Are there any special-things about that..??
>
> Thank's and GOD Bless You All.
>
> Yudha Setiawan.
> VoIP
>     No.        : 628899911223344

Re: OOT-Does PostgreSQL has commercial level.

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 04:40:31PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Uh, there are several commercial support companies around the world, and
> a few of them have commercial versions of PostgreSQL, but the main
> project is completely free for any use.

I _think_ the beginning of _Practical PostgreSQL_ discusses various
"versions", one of which is the Command Prompt PostgreSQL.  That may
be the source of confusion.  (My copy is at the office, and probably
on someone else's desk, so I can't check right now.)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110