Обсуждение: GRANT access on table fields

GRANT access on table fields

От
"Nathalie Boulos"
Дата:
Hi,

is there a way to grant or revoke rights on specific fields of a table for
specific users?

if yes how is it possibly done and in which versions of postgres?

Re: GRANT access on table fields

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:37:53PM +0200, Nathalie Boulos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to grant or revoke rights on specific fields of a table for
> specific users?
>
> if yes how is it possibly done and in which versions of postgres?

 This is not possible in PostgreSQL. It's in TODO, but I think nobody
 works on this very wanted feature :-(

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Re: GRANT access on table fields

От
"Fouad Fezzi"
Дата:
Hi ,

I don't know if you can grant field but i think it's more interesting to
create view and grant users this view.

later please see documentation before request.

Fouad

http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: GRANT access on table fields

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:37:53 +0200,
  Nathalie Boulos <nathalieboulos@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to grant or revoke rights on specific fields of a table for
> specific users?
>
> if yes how is it possibly done and in which versions of postgres?

You need to use views or rules to do this. (You could also use functions,
but I don't think this would be a good idea.)