Обсуждение: Logging for psql only

Logging for psql only

От
"Al Sutton"
Дата:
Hi,

Does anyone have a solution to the following situation;

I have an application which uses postgresql as its database, I also have technicians who need to made occasional data changes using psql, is there any way to log the changes made by the technicians without logging the SQL statements from the application?

Al.

Re: Logging for psql only

От
Oleg Samoylov
Al Sutton wrote:
> Does anyone have a solution to the following situation;
>
> I have an application which uses postgresql as its database, I also have te=
> chnicians who need to made occasional data changes using psql, is there any=
>  way to log the changes made by the technicians without logging the SQL sta=
> tements from the application?
>
> Al.

At http://gborg.postgresql.org you can find one or two data change
logging function working per user.

--
Olleg Samoylov

Re: Logging for psql only

Дата:
If you want to log everything via psql, you can use "SET log_statement
TO on" inside .psqlrc and that will show all psql commands in the server
logs, or you can use per-user settings using ALTER USER, all in 7.3.