Обсуждение: Set-up Server on ISP

Set-up Server on ISP

От
"Stephen R. Hartfield"

I am considering using PostgreSQL for my web based programming.  My concern is how do I install the server on an ISP’s host computer.  Many ISPs do not offer support or functionality for databases other than SQL Server.  Can someone give me some insight into this?

Thanks,

Steve Hartfield

Re: Set-up Server on ISP

От
"Dan Langille"
Дата:
On 17 Dec 2002 at 10:34, Stephen R. Hartfield wrote:

> I am considering using PostgreSQL for my web based programming.  My
> concern is how do I install the server on an ISP's host computer.
> Many ISPs do not offer support or functionality for databases other
> than SQL Server.  Can someone give me some insight into this?

You should seek someone who provides PostgreSQL out-of-the-box.  I
did a search on google.com yesterday for postgresql and web host and
found a few such places.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/