Обсуждение: Missing data frrom a shutdown

Missing data frrom a shutdown

От
Jorge Sauma
Дата:
Hi,

Yesterday we suffered a power cut in our office, so the postgresql
server dies (the UPS didn't function properly). When the power was
restablished  the service started Ok, but we realize we have lost the
records from the last hour. We hope this records are in the logs
(pg_xlog or pg_clog) and we want to know if there's any way to recover
this data.
In the documentation we have found that this recovery is performed
automatically, but this didn't happen.
Thanks in advance for any help

Best regards,

PAviles

..Please answer to my e-mail address since I am not subscribed to the list.

Re: Missing data frrom a shutdown

Дата:
This is very unusual.  Were you running with fsync off?  I can't imagine
what would cause this.  What version are you running.  As a guess, try
dropping and recreating the index on the table and see if the data
reappears.