Обсуждение: Newbie question about pg_xlog

Newbie question about pg_xlog

От
"Stein, Jochen"
Дата:
Hello!

I just set up a little test database and i asked myself why this
pg_xlog-directory has already 33MBs and is still growing.

Is there a "natural" limitation for the size of (the files in) this
directory? (I know: disc space! ;-)....but what i meant: a limitation thru
the
postmater.)

Or did i forgot to configure something?
Or do i have to purge this files manually from time to time?

(I already searched for information about this, but i found no answer.
...and what the hell is the "WAL manual" ? )

Can you help me?

Greetings  Jochen

Re: Newbie question about pg_xlog

Дата:
"Stein, Jochen" <J.Stein@secunet.de> writes:
> I just set up a little test database and i asked myself why this
> pg_xlog-directory has already 33MBs and is still growing.

Because the xlog is allocated in units of 16Mb.  If you're talking
about a low-traffic database, the xlog probably won't get larger than a
couple of files.  (You can tweak the WAL configuration parameters to
determine this, see the Admin Guide.)

            regards, tom lane