Обсуждение: pgstat error

pgstat error

От
Ludwig Lim
Hi :

  I installed Postgresql 7.2 on a FreeBSD 4.4 machine.
Everything went ok until I tried starting the
postmaster. Everytime I start the postmaster by typing

./pg_ctl -D /usr/local/data start

I got the following error message:

postmaster successfully started
pgstat bind(2) : Invalid Argument

I tried searching docs/mailing list but I wasn't able
to find anything related to that error message.
Anybody experienced that error before?

What does this mean?

Thank you in advance,

ludwig.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Re: pgstat error

Дата:
Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man@yahoo.com> writes:
>   I installed Postgresql 7.2 on a FreeBSD 4.4 machine.
> Everything went ok until I tried starting the
> postmaster. Everytime I start the postmaster by typing
> ./pg_ctl -D /usr/local/data start
> I got the following error message:
> postmaster successfully started
> pgstat bind(2) : Invalid Argument

You've got networking configured to disallow access to 127.0.0.1 (local
loopback).  Either fix that, or turn off PG's statistics collector.

            regards, tom lane