Обсуждение: psql in Batch mode and passwords?

psql in Batch mode and passwords?

От
"Michael A. Schulte"
Дата:
Hi,

does anyone have an idea how to convince psql
to accept a password that is passed during startup
of psql in the command line?

I don't want to modify pg_hba.conf so that it
is open for everyone so I have inserted:

local      all                                          trust
host       all         129.157.0.0     255.255.0.0    password

I look for something like:
psql -h somehost -a dash anonymous/anonym
where there exists a postgres user named "anonymous"
and the password is anonym.

Best regards,
Michael

Re: psql in Batch mode and passwords?

От
Kevin Brannen
Дата:
Michael A. Schulte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have an idea how to convince psql
> to accept a password that is passed during startup
> of psql in the command line?
>
> I don't want to modify pg_hba.conf so that it
> is open for everyone so I have inserted:
>
> local      all                                          trust
> host       all         129.157.0.0     255.255.0.0    password
>

> I look for something like:
> psql -h somehost -a dash anonymous/anonym
> where there exists a postgres user named "anonymous"
> and the password is anonym.

Try (assume a sh or ksh shell):

PGPASSWORD=anonym psql -h somehost -U anonymous -a dash

HTH,
Kevin

Re: psql in Batch mode and passwords?

От
"Guthrie, John"
Дата:
I've used expect before, thinking I might try out Jython now...

John