Обсуждение: really important

really important

От
"Vergoz Michael"
Дата:
it is possible to make a database cluster with postgresql ?

Best regards,
Vergoz Michael

Re: really important

От
"Adam Erickson"
Дата:
From what I've heard and read postgres does not internally support
replication.  Their are 3rd party tools to do it though.  I've also heard
they're rather slow.

I was told replication is slated for the next major release (either 7.3 or
8) but I haven't heard anything official.  Has anybody else?

We're migrating from a mysql world ourselves.  Replication is a key part of
our disaster recovery procedures.  To rely on a backup seems so 1999 to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Vergoz Michael
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 2:35 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] really important

it is possible to make a database cluster with postgresql ?

Best regards,
Vergoz Michael

Re: really important

От
"Vergoz Michael"
Дата:
yes, but i can't wait the next release, it's possible to make a module or
something else ?
i think, the postgres TEAM have to make a clustering system like fiber
channel switch....
well, i will find more informations about that ...

regards,
michael.

> replication.  Their are 3rd party tools to do it though.  I've also heard
> they're rather slow.
>
> I was told replication is slated for the next major release (either 7.3 or
> 8) but I haven't heard anything official.  Has anybody else?
>
> We're migrating from a mysql world ourselves.  Replication is a key part
of
> our disaster recovery procedures.  To rely on a backup seems so 1999 to
me.

Re: really important

От
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah."
Дата:
hi adam,

Why cant' pg_dump become a part OF disaster recovery?

I agree replication is very important  , but also appriciate
that pgsql give us so many other useful features that are not
in other open source databases  ( no flame war intended )

regds
mallah.

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

Re: really important

От
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah."
Дата:
hi  Vergoz,

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 14:12, Vergoz Michael wrote:
> yes, but i can't wait the next release, it's possible to make a module or
> something else ?
> i think, the postgres TEAM have to make a clustering system like fiber
> channel switch....
> well, i will find more informations about that ...
>
> regards,
> michael.

"Chad R. Larson"
Дата:
At 07:36 AM 6/19/02 , Rajesh Kumar Mallah. wrote:
>Why cant' pg_dump become a part OF disaster recovery?
>
>I agree replication is very important  , but also appriciate
>that pgsql give us so many other useful features that are not
>in other open source databases

And, to revisit an earlier issue, we should have point-in-time recovery.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100