Обсуждение: benchmarking tools

benchmarking tools

От
"Mr OCP"
Дата:
Hi Folks

Are there any tools to collect benchmark statistics for postgresql database,
we want to do testing with different configurtions to see which
configuration is optimal for our database. We have a huge database in
postgres running under Solars 7 on a Sun E6500 box with 16 gig of ram and 16
processors.

I desparately need some tools/scripts to carry out various statisics to tune
our databse.

Thanks for your help.
Mike

Re: benchmarking tools

От
"Marin Dimitrov"
Дата:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr OCP"

> Are there any tools to collect benchmark statistics for postgresql
database,
> we want to do testing with different configurtions to see which
> configuration is optimal for our database. We have a huge database in
> postgres running under Solars 7 on a Sun E6500 box with 16 gig of ram and
16
> processors.

try http://osdb.sourceforge.net/

hth,

    Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "