Обсуждение: Re: Virus Found in Mail

Re: Virus Found in Mail

От
Gary Stainburn
Дата:
Does anyone else get this message when they post to the list or is it just me?

Firstly, the emails I'm sending don't have attachments!!!
Secondly, if they did have a .bat extension, my virus s/w wouldn't let it out
of the building
Thirdly, my workstation isn't even windows, it's Linux

--
Gary Stainburn

Re: Virus Found in Mail

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Does anyone else get this message when they post to the list or is it just me?
>
> Firstly, the emails I'm sending don't have attachments!!!
> Secondly, if they did have a .bat extension, my virus s/w wouldn't let it out
> of the building
> Thirdly, my workstation isn't even windows, it's Linux

I'm guessing it's coming from the server that hosts jm.poure@freesurf.fr
-- you're stuff isn't coming with any attachments on my system (also
Linux).

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
BOFH excuse #265:

The mouse escaped.

Re: Virus Found in Mail

От
"Dan Langille"
Дата:

My virus warning originated from Postmaster@topnz.ac.nz
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples

Re: Virus Found in Mail

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 1 Mar 2002 at 11:15, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing it's coming from the server that hosts jm.poure@freesurf.fr --
> > you're stuff isn't coming with any attachments on my system (also Linux).
>
> My virus warning originated from Postmaster@topnz.ac.nz

I got the same when replying to Gary's email.  Must be a string in the
email that is fooling the virus scanner.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic angular
momentum.

Re: Virus Found in Mail

От
"Dan Langille"
Дата:
On 1 Mar 2002 at 11:46, Brett W. McCoy wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > On 1 Mar 2002 at 11:15, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> >
> > > I'm guessing it's coming from the server that hosts
> > > jm.poure@freesurf.fr -- you're stuff isn't coming with any attachments
> > > on my system (also Linux).
> >
> > My virus warning originated from Postmaster@topnz.ac.nz
>
> I got the same when replying to Gary's email.  Must be a string in the
> email that is fooling the virus scanner.

I believe any email sent to topnz.ac.nz produces a false postive.  I had
been pursuing the issue with topnz.ac.nz with little success as all msgs
to that domain produce the same false postive (e.g. sending mail from
Pine).