Обсуждение: Reset sequence number

Reset sequence number

От
Marc
Дата:
Hello,

How can I reset a sequence number back to 0 ?

Regards

Re: Reset sequence number

От
missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Дата:
> How can I reset a sequence number back to 0 ?

SELECT setval('sequence_name', 0);

In order for this to work, the sequence must have been created with
a MINVALUE of 0 (the default MINVALUE is 1)

CREATE SEQUENCE sequence_name MINVALUE 0;

Re: Reset sequence number

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 05:07:34PM +0000,
  Lee Harr <missive@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> > How can I reset a sequence number back to 0 ?
> >

> SELECT setval('sequence_name', 0);
>

> In order for this to work, the sequence must have been created with
> a MINVALUE of 0 (the default MINVALUE is 1)
>
> CREATE SEQUENCE sequence_name MINVALUE 0;

Note, that if you do it this way, 1 will be the next sequent number returned
by nextval. If you want 0 to be returned next use setval('seq_name', 0, false).

Re: Reset sequence number

От
"Lonh SENG"
Дата:
I use truncate table $table_name.
This will delete all data from that table and reset the sequense number.