Обсуждение: Regression tests failed on 7.2rc2

Regression tests failed on 7.2rc2

От
"Radu-Adrian Popescu"
Дата:
Hi all.

I have built "PostgreSQL 7.2rc1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 3.0.2" a few days ago. After the build was done, i made the regression tests and some (15 or so) failed; i do recall the index test failed.
I have been using PosgreSql for some time and this build seems to be quite alright, i've had 10 billion records inserted and indexed and query plans look alright.
So, what's the catch here ? What am I missing ?

Radu-Adrian Popescu
CSA, DBA, Programmer
Aldratech

Re: Regression tests failed on 7.2rc2

От
"Radu-Adrian Popescu"
Sorry i made a mistake, i'm using rc1 as stated in the email body.
I have built "PostgreSQL 7.2rc1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 3.0.2" a few days ago. After the build was done, i made the regression tests and some (15 or so) failed; i do recall the index test failed.
I have been using PosgreSql for some time and this build seems to be quite alright, i've had 10 billion records inserted and indexed and query plans look alright.
So, what's the catch here ? What am I missing ?

Radu-Adrian Popescu
CSA, DBA, Programmer
Aldratech

Re: [SQL] Regression tests failed on 7.2rc2

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Radu-Adrian Popescu writes:

> So, what's the catch here ? What am I missing ?

the actual list of tests that failed and the regression.diffs file

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: [SQL] Regression tests failed on 7.2rc2

Дата:
"Radu-Adrian Popescu" <radu.popescu@aldratech.com> writes:
> I have built "PostgreSQL 7.2rc1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 3.0.2=
> " a few days ago. After the build was done, i made the regression tests and=
>  some (15 or so) failed; i do recall the index test failed.

Doesn't sound good.  Let's see the regression diffs.  But not on these
lists, please --- pghackers or pgbugs would be more appropriate.

            regards, tom lane