Обсуждение: Sample database for me to practice with?

Sample database for me to practice with?

От
Andy Ruhl
Дата:
I tried to send this message once, I think it didn't make it to the board.

I'm a new postgresql user, and I'm quite thrilled with it so far. However,
before I use it in any serious capacity, I would like to practice disaster
recovery and general administration procedures before I get myself in too
deep. Is there a sample database I can use to do this? I'd rather not
write my own just to hose it up later...

Thanks.

Andy

acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Sample database for me to practice with?

От
"Steve Boyle \(Roselink\)"
Дата:
Andy,

I think that there is a database created as part of the regression tests
that you can probably use (src/test/regress).

hih

steve boyle
> I tried to send this message once, I think it didn't make it to the board.
>
> I'm a new postgresql user, and I'm quite thrilled with it so far. However,
> before I use it in any serious capacity, I would like to practice disaster
> recovery and general administration procedures before I get myself in too
> deep. Is there a sample database I can use to do this? I'd rather not
> write my own just to hose it up later...
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andy
>
> acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Sample database for me to practice with?

От
Andy Ruhl
Дата:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Steve Boyle (Roselink) wrote:

> I think that there is a database created as part of the regression tests
> that you can probably use (src/test/regress).

And since you referenced src, it must be within the source tree? I don't
have the source tree but I'll grab it. The ports tree in FreeBSD is just
so convenient... No source trees to maintain...

I looked around for documentation for this on the site but I couldn't find
it. If it's useful maybe I'll see if someone can make a link to it.

Maybe I'll write up a bit on disaster recovery if I can figure it all
out...

Thanks!

Andy

acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Sample database for me to practice with?

От
GB Clark
Дата:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:40:02 +0000 (UTC)
Andy Ruhl <acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Steve Boyle (Roselink) wrote:
>
> > I think that there is a database created as part of the regression tests
> > that you can probably use (src/test/regress).
>
> And since you referenced src, it must be within the source tree? I don't
> have the source tree but I'll grab it. The ports tree in FreeBSD is just
> so convenient... No source trees to maintain...

If your building from ports then look in the work directory for the source.

Goto the port and issue a 'make extract' and this will extract the source.

> I looked around for documentation for this on the site but I couldn't find
> it. If it's useful maybe I'll see if someone can make a link to it.
>
> Maybe I'll write up a bit on disaster recovery if I can figure it all
> out...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andy
>
> acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek

Re: Sample database for me to practice with?

От
Andy Ruhl
Дата:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, GB Clark wrote:

> > And since you referenced src, it must be within the source tree? I don't
> > have the source tree but I'll grab it. The ports tree in FreeBSD is just
> > so convenient... No source trees to maintain...
>
> If your building from ports then look in the work directory for the source.
>
> Goto the port and issue a 'make extract' and this will extract the source.

Yeah, but part of my build script includes 'make clean' so I never keep
it. I already downloaded the source from a mirror, I just have to do
something with it now... I try to keep the ports tree clean cause I update
it often and I don't want any problems...

(I'm actually a NetBSD guy, but my server has been running FreeBSD for
well over a year now. Why fix it if it ain't broke?)

Andy

acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org