Обсуждение: \d command

\d command

От
Jodi Kanter
Дата:
Can anyone tell me the sql that is being sent to the database when typeing this command? I am working on writing some code that will show a list of columns in a table. Is there a describe statement?
Thanks
Jodi Kanter

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(434) 924-2846
jkanter@virginia.edu

Re: \d command

От
"Joe Conway (wwc)"
Дата:
Jodi Kanter wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the sql that is being sent to the database when
> typeing this command? I am working on writing some code that will show a
> list of columns in a table. Is there a describe statement?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jodi Kanter

Start up psql with the -E switch. It will then show you all the internal
sql statements that it uses.

HTH,

Joe

Re: \d command

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Jodi Kanter wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the sql that is being sent to the database when
> typeing this command? I am working on writing some code that will show
> a list of columns in a table. Is there a describe statement?

start psql with the -E option and it'll show you the queries used.