Обсуждение: problems with pg_dump/pg_restore

problems with pg_dump/pg_restore

От
Mirek Hankus

Hello !

   I'm trying to dump postgresql 7.1.3 database and restore it in 7.2b4.
Databases are located
on different hosts. The problem is that when I run command

pg_dump databasename --verbose -b -Ft  -h otherhost | pg_restore -d
databasename

after some tables are copied error occures

pg_dump: [tar archiver] could not write to tar member (wrote 1087,
attempted 5365)
pg_dump: *** aborted because of error
pg_restore: [tar archiver] could not find header for file 179.dat in tar
archive

command is run on host with Postgresql 7.2b4 installed.  What is wrong ??

BR
  Mirek

Re: problems with pg_dump/pg_restore

Дата:
Mirek Hankus <M.Hankus@ce3.pl> writes:
> after some tables are copied error occures

> pg_dump: [tar archiver] could not write to tar member (wrote 1087,
> attempted 5365)
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

If you were writing on a disk file I'd say you've run out of disk space.
Since you're writing to a pipe the answer isn't so obvious.  Is it
possible that you've run into some system-dependent limit (a ulimit
setting on how much a given process can output, perhaps)?

            regards, tom lane