Обсуждение: DATAWAREHOUSING

DATAWAREHOUSING

От
"Sudheer Palaparambil"
Дата:
Hello,

  Has anybody done datawarehousing using postgres?

  Thank you.

Sudheer.

Re: DATAWAREHOUSING

От
"Derek A. Neighbors"
Дата:
Its inability to do OLAP (On-Line Analytical Processing) makes it a weak
tool to do so.  It would be nice to see great bridge or some other
vendor create an OLAP engine that works well with Postgres.  IBM has
embraced Hyperion to do this in thier DB2 suite.

-Derek

Sudheer Palaparambil wrote:

>Hello,
>
>  Has anybody done datawarehousing using postgres?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>Sudheer.

>http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html

Re: DATAWAREHOUSING

От
Egon Reetz
Дата:
Derek,

just for understanding, what does OLAP engine mean?

Egon