Обсуждение: Windows Version

Windows Version

От
"Yogesh Shahir"

Hello Sir,

   Is postgreSQL is available for windows ? If yes, from where I can download it ?

Thanking you
Regards,

Yogesh Shahir
Project Manager
CREDOTEK

Re: Windows Version

От
Arne Weiner
Дата:
Yogesh Shahir wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>
>    Is postgreSQL is available for windows ? If yes, from where I can downlo=
> ad it ?

PostgreSQL is a multiplatform DMBS. You can download the tarball from
ftp.postgresql.org and compile postgres for MS Windows. There are some
extra requirements for compiling postgres under Windows. For more
information
read the FAQ_MSWIN file in the doc directory of the postgres tarball.

Arne

Re: Windows Version

От
"Colin 't Hart"
Дата:
It is much easier to go to http://www.cygwin.com
choose Download Cygwin Now
and install everything.

This way you have a complete Unix compatibility environment for
Windows and a working installation of Postgres.

Cheers,

Colin

Arne Weiner wrote:

> PostgreSQL is a multiplatform DMBS. You can download the tarball from
> ftp.postgresql.org and compile postgres for MS Windows. There are some
> extra requirements for compiling postgres under Windows. For more
> information
> read the FAQ_MSWIN file in the doc directory of the postgres tarball.

Re: Windows Version

От
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Дата:
There is now a pre-built binary that comes cygwin, available at
www.cygwin.com. There is also pgsql-cygwin mailing list.
- Stuart