Обсуждение: destroydb: command not found

destroydb: command not found

От
Tim Boring
Дата:
I've installed the 7.0.3-SuSE rpms and have got everything
working....but it appears the destroydb program didn't get installed.
All the other progs (createuser, createdb, etc...) got installed to
/usr/bin, but there isn't a destroydb.

I used the defaults during the install.  So the binaries (should have)
went to /usr/bin and everything else to /var/lib/pgsql/data.  Why would
destroydb not have been installed?

Tim

Re: destroydb: command not found

Дата:
> I've installed the 7.0.3-SuSE rpms and have got everything
> working....but it appears the destroydb program didn't get installed.
> All the other progs (createuser, createdb, etc...) got installed to
> /usr/bin, but there isn't a destroydb.
>
> I used the defaults during the install.  So the binaries (should have)
> went to /usr/bin and everything else to /var/lib/pgsql/data.  Why would
> destroydb not have been installed?

It is now dropdb.

Re: destroydb: command not found

От
Stefan Huber
Дата:
Hi!

>Why would destroydb not have been installed?

Maybe because it is calles dropdb? :)

Stefan

Re: destroydb: command not found

Дата:
Tim Boring <tboring@insight.rr.com> writes:
> Why would destroydb not have been installed?

It's been called dropdb for quite some time now ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: destroydb: command not found

От
Tim Boring
Дата:
Thanks!  A suggestion though:  I was following the online
documentation...that documentation referred to "destroydb".  It would be
helpful to change those references accordingly. (I think I was reading
through the administrator's guide from the integrated online docs, but I
just glanced back through those sections and can't find the exact
section I was reading earlier.  If I come across it again, I'll let you
know where I found it so it can be corrected.)

Again, thanks.

Tim

On 21 Jul 2001 12:24:27 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I've installed the 7.0.3-SuSE rpms and have got everything
> > working....but it appears the destroydb program didn't get installed.
> > All the other progs (createuser, createdb, etc...) got installed to
> > /usr/bin, but there isn't a destroydb.
> >
> > I used the defaults during the install.  So the binaries (should have)
> > went to /usr/bin and everything else to /var/lib/pgsql/data.  Why would
> > destroydb not have been installed?
>
> It is now dropdb.

Re: destroydb: command not found

Дата:
> Thanks!  A suggestion though:  I was following the online
> documentation...that documentation referred to "destroydb".  It would be
> helpful to change those references accordingly. (I think I was reading
> through the administrator's guide from the integrated online docs, but I
> just glanced back through those sections and can't find the exact
> section I was reading earlier.  If I come across it again, I'll let you
> know where I found it so it can be corrected.)

There is no mention in the current docs of destroydb.

Re: destroydb: command not found

От
Tim Boring
Дата:
My apologies!  I was reading the online docs for v6.5.  That would
explain why I didn't find it when I was looking in the 7.0 docs.

Tim