Обсуждение: Error in installing pg-access

Error in installing pg-access

От
Bhuvaneswari
Дата:
hai,
We could not find libpgtcl.so in our system after installation of
pg-access. We are using Red Hat Linux 6.5.2, Postgresql 6.1 and
jdk1.2.1. From where we have to get libpgtcl.so. Whether it will be
available with pgaccess or any other source. Please do reply.
thanks in advance.
bhuvana.

Re: Error in installing pg-access

От
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
This is a guess: did you configure your postgres using --with-tcl?

regards,
thalis

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Bhuvaneswari wrote:

> hai,
> We could not find libpgtcl.so in our system after installation of
> pg-access. We are using Red Hat Linux 6.5.2, Postgresql 6.1 and
> jdk1.2.1. From where we have to get libpgtcl.so. Whether it will be
> available with pgaccess or any other source. Please do reply.
> thanks in advance.
> bhuvana.

Re: Error in installing pg-access

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Bhuvaneswari writes:

> We could not find libpgtcl.so in our system after installation of
> pg-access. We are using Red Hat Linux 6.5.2, Postgresql 6.1 and
> jdk1.2.1. From where we have to get libpgtcl.so. Whether it will be
> available with pgaccess or any other source. Please do reply.

If you installed from source it should have been installed.  If you
didn't, it should be in some postgresql-tcl RPM or some such.

Re: Error in installing pg-access

От
Stefan Huber
Дата:
Hello all!

>hai,

This is the German word for "shark"  :)

>We could not find libpgtcl.so in our system after installation of
>pg-access. We are using Red Hat Linux 6.5.2, Postgresql 6.1 and
>jdk1.2.1. From where we have to get libpgtcl.so. Whether it will be
>available with pgaccess or any other source. Please do reply.

I am not sure, as I don't use TCL, but configuring the source with
   --with-tcl
should help.
BTW: do you mean RedHAt61 with PG 6.5.2? Anyway, this PostgreSQL Version is
way outdated...You should consider upgrading. 7.1.1 is the current stable
release.

Stefan

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
--- Douglas Adams.