Обсуждение: logs file

logs file

От
"benoit.le-dizes@voila.fr"
Дата:
I have installed postgresql 7.x on red hat 7.0 and I have created a database and users. I would like now to see in a
logfile history of operations on the database, different connexions of users to the database...

Can you give me the steps please ?
I have read that Syslog can be needed but I can't arrive to configure it

thanks
Ben
Voila vous propose une boite aux lettres gratuite sur Voila Mail:
http://mail.voila.fr

Re: logs file

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Tuesday 08 May 2001 12:23, benoit.le-dizes@voila.fr wrote:
> I have installed postgresql 7.x on red hat 7.0 and I have created a
> database and users. I would like now to see in a log file history of
> operations on the database, different connexions of users to the
> database...

> Can you give me the steps please ?
> I have read that Syslog can be needed but I can't arrive to configure it

How did you install -- from source, or from RPM?

If from source, you need to make sure that --enable-syslog was present on the
configure command line for 7.0.3 and later (7.0.2 and earlier required a
config.h patch after configure).

The RPM is built with syslog support enabled -- you just need a line in
/etc/syslog.conf to receive the information.  7.0.x and 7.1.x use a different
means of configuring syslog, so you need to tell us which one you are using.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio