Обсуждение: Postgresql limits

Postgresql limits

От
Gunnar Lindholm
Дата:
Hello.
I would like to know some what the maximum number of tables and databases that
postgresql version 7.X supports.

Can any body point me to more information about the limits of postgresql?

why does such a nice database have limits?
Bye, Gunnar.

Re: Postgresql limits

Дата:
Gunnar Lindholm <gunix@telia.com> writes:
> I would like to know some what the maximum number of tables and
> databases that postgresql version 7.X supports.

There's no specific upper limit on either.  You might start noticing
performance problems (due to OS directory lookups) above a few thousand
tables, depending on how well your filesystem copes with lots of files
in a directory.

            regards, tom lane