Обсуждение: GRANT odd behaviour - Bug or feature?

GRANT odd behaviour - Bug or feature?

От
R D
Дата:
Hi,
I discivered some strange behaviour in GRANT. When I
CREATE a table and GRANT some privilege to some user
this privilege is REVOKEd from me ?!? So I have to
GRANT the same to me afterwards. Once I have GRANTed
this privilege to myself I can GRANT it to whoever I
want without REVOKE-ing it from me. Really strange.
Here is some code for ilustration :

1)  CREATE TABLE test(.......);
2)  GRANT SELECT ON test TO user1;
3)  SELECT * FROM test;      -- permission denied.
4)  INSERT INTO test values(.....);  -- OK!
5)  GRANT SELECT ON test TO myself;
6)  SELECT * FROM test; -- OK!
7)  GRANT SELECT ON test TO user2;
8)  SELECT * FROM test; -- OK!

Is this a bug or feature :) ? I think this is a bug.

btw. there is one more strange thing i discovered with
inexes:
Asume we have a table with two indexes (index1 and
index2). When I cluster a table with index1 - index2
disappears and i have to create it again.
I know that there could be a reasonable explanation -
table reorder and etc... Is it normal?

regards,
Rumen

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: GRANT odd behaviour - Bug or feature?

Дата:
R D <mrk279@yahoo.com> writes:
> I discivered some strange behaviour in GRANT. When I
> CREATE a table and GRANT some privilege to some user
> this privilege is REVOKEd from me ?!? So I have to
> GRANT the same to me afterwards.

Actually you have to GRANT ALL to yourself to get back to where you
were.  Yes, it's a bug ... it's fixed for 7.1.

            regards, tom lane

Re: GRANT odd behaviour - Bug or feature?

От
Alfonso Peniche
Дата:
I've been reading a lot about the 7.1 release, but I haven't actually
found it (the postgres home page only has up to 7.0.3). Has it been
actually released? Where can I find it?

Alfonso Peniche

Tom Lane wrote:

> R D <mrk279@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I discivered some strange behaviour in GRANT. When I
> > CREATE a table and GRANT some privilege to some user
> > this privilege is REVOKEd from me ?!? So I have to
> > GRANT the same to me afterwards.
>
> Actually you have to GRANT ALL to yourself to get back to where you
> were.  Yes, it's a bug ... it's fixed for 7.1.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Re: GRANT odd behaviour - Bug or feature?

Дата:
Alfonso Peniche <alfonso@iteso.mx> writes:
> I've been reading a lot about the 7.1 release, but I haven't actually
> found it (the postgres home page only has up to 7.0.3). Has it been
> actually released? Where can I find it?

No, and see ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/ for the beta release.
(Actually, I'd suggest using the latest nightly snapshot.)

            regards, tom lane