Обсуждение: pgaccess use wrong password

pgaccess use wrong password

От
Loïc TREGOUËT
Дата:
       Excuse me for the latest message , i've found the solution

local    all    password    passwdfile

Now , passwords are stored (and crypted) in passwdfile .
The authentication with psql is ok

But pgaccess still use the password in clear in pg_shadow . Is there an option , i've not set correctly ?

        thanks

                                                                                    loic@ext.cri74.org

Re: pgaccess use wrong password

Дата:
>        Excuse me for the latest message , i've found the solution
>
> local    all    password    passwdfile
>
> Now , passwords are stored (and crypted) in passwdfile .
> The authentication with psql is ok
>
> But pgaccess still use the password in clear in pg_shadow . Is there an
> option , i've not set correctly ?

I bet pgaccess is using tcp communications.  Try adding a 'host' line
too.

Re: pgaccess use wrong password

От
Loïc TREGOUËT
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> >        Excuse me for the latest message , i've found the solution
> >
> > local    all    password    passwdfile
> >
> > Now , passwords are stored (and crypted) in passwdfile .
> > The authentication with psql is ok
> >
> > But pgaccess still use the password in clear in pg_shadow . Is there an
> > option , i've not set correctly ?
>
> I bet pgaccess is using tcp communications.  Try adding a 'host' line
> too.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

Thanks a lot , I was a little bit tired and i forgot to reboot postmaster :
it's all !

    I will be careful for the next time !

                                                        loic

Re: pgaccess use wrong password

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On Wed, 31 May 2000, Loïc TREGOUËT wrote:

>        Excuse me for the latest message , i've found the solution
>
> local    all    password    passwdfile
>
> Now , passwords are stored (and crypted) in passwdfile .
> The authentication with psql is ok
>
> But pgaccess still use the password in clear in pg_shadow . Is there an
> option , i've not set correctly ?

Perhaps pgaccess is not connecting via `local', but through TCP/IP
localhost?

vacuum

От
"Rainer Mager"
Дата:
Hi all,

    I'm sure many other people have faced this and I'm wondering what solutions
were found.

    We have a product that uses PostgreSQL as its database. Currently, via a
web-based administration interface, we provide the administrators the
ability to vacuum their database whenever they wish to. We would prefer to
provide this functionality automatically such that they don't need to think
about it.
    We could easily have the system vacuum once a day (or week or whatever) but
we are concerned that the vacuum process will slow down the system while it
is being performed. This means that we would need to try to do some analysis
on the business of the system and then vacuum at a perceived slow time. This
sounds difficult.
    What do other people do? How much of a hit is vacuum when the system is
operating? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--Rainer

is this a bug in PG 7?

От
Rainer Mager
Дата:
In PG 7.0.2, I have a select:

SELECT pr_category_id, pr_category_id FROM pr_category
    UNION SELECT pr_category_id, parent_cat FROM pr_category WHERE parent_cat
<> 0
    UNION SELECT pr_category_id, parent_cat_link FROM pr_category_link

when I run this I get a subset of the correct results. If I move the first
select to the end as in:

SELECT pr_category_id, parent_cat FROM pr_category WHERE parent_cat <> 0
    UNION SELECT pr_category_id, parent_cat_link FROM pr_category_link
    UNION SELECT pr_category_id, pr_category_id FROM pr_category

then it works correctly.

Any ideas? Is this a bug?

\\\\\    ///    Rainer Mager
  \\\VANGUARD   Ever Green Bldg., 5F
   \\\///       3-3-2 Naka-Meguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0061
    \\//        Phone: 5768-2855  Fax: 5768-2856
     \/         Email: rmager@vgkk.co.jp  Web: www.vgkk.co.jp